Monday 9 April 2012

Day 186

Dear readers,

this is the last week if my winter (uniform) term. I'm not really sure if I should be looking forward to wearing my summer uniform because it's still quite cold here (shouldn't get warmer than 10°C for the next 10 days) and I'm a bit stingy, so I only turn up the heating if really necessary.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a school summer dress in my size yet (therefore I have to go with the short-sleeved-blouse-skirt-combo). If you find a blue school summer dress, preferably with buttons and not with a zip closure, in adult sizes, please let me know.

My summer uniform item list (right column) states that wearing the cardigan is optional. That sounds like I could decide when to wear the cardigan and when not. As I like a strict regulation for every item, I'd like to regulate this one too. Any suggestions?

-Cornelia

1 comment:

  1. Summer dresses... I wish I had found your blog a few months earlier so I could have helped you, but I only found it today. During the Spring the major stores in the UK had school summer dresses available, and both Marks and Spencers and BHS had big sizes. M and S went up to age 14 and BHS went to 13 but had a "Generous Fit" option for larger (or plumper) pupils which are big enough for an adult to wear. It may be worth you checking out both of their websites to see if they have any discounted - they have removed them from the shops now. There are still some dresses in supermarkets but I doubt they will be in big enough sizes.

    The reason summer dresses only go up to age 13 / 14 is twofold. Firstly they are only worn by girls in primary schools (up to age 11 / 12) here, and in most schools by the time girls reach their final year - Year 6 - in primary school, they will be given the option of wearing a polo shirt and skirt combination rather than a dress. Secondly, VAT is payable on children's clothes over the age of 13, so often styles of clothes and uniform change at that age.

    I hope this information helps.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't post anonymously. I'd like to know who's reading me blog, so it would be nice if you would at least select "Name/URL" and put in your name. Thank you.