Sunday 15 September 2013

Spending (most of) the weekend writing

Dear readers,

again I had the pleasure(!?) of writing for the lovely Miss Melanie this weekend.

On Friday evening she contacted me via IM out of the blue and just told me to write "Es ist mir eine große Freude, diese fünfhundert Zeilen übers Wochenende für Miss Melanie schreiben zu dürfen." (translation: "It is a great pleasure for me to be allowed to write these five-hundred lines over the weekend for Miss Melanie"). 500 times, obviously. Deadline was Sunday evening.

So I wrote the first 100 lines on Friday evening, I woke up early on Saturday and decided to start writing (at 7:30). I somehow thought that the whole task would require 8 hours of writing. And I wanted to do it all on Saturday to have a free day on Sunday. Taking into account that I already wrote 100 lines I thought I'd be finished early in the afternoon. I'm not sure what I made me think that because in the end it took me until 18:00 to finish the 500 lines, encompassing 25 pages.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After I finished that I actually really enjoyed the evening and was looking forward to another (well, this time really) free day on Sunday. I guess sometimes you only appreciate something if you have less of it. 
I talked about this with Miss Melanie on Sunday and she kinda agreed. I cheekinly said that she should try writing herself.

Well, that got me another set of lines. "Wenn ich frech bin, kürzt Miss Melanie mir sofort empfindlich meine Freizeit." (translation: "When I'm being cheeky, Miss Melanie instantly shortens my free time noticeably.") 250 times. 

 

 

 


So that were ~15 hours of writing this weekend. My hand hurts, and you know things are bad when a school uniform enthusiast wants to get out of the school uniform because it feels so uncomfortable.
There are obviously better ways to spend the weekend. And I'm sure Miss Melanie did those things. ;-) 
For me, this was very hard and I hope for a bit of rest now, but ultimately I'm satisfied that I managed to complete the tasks.

What's next? Tune in next week. Same Bat-time. Same Bat-channel.

-Cornelia

3 comments:

  1. Thats a strict punishment. What did you do to deserve this ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really "do" anything to get that lines. I just have an agreement with Miss Melanie that she can set me written tasks whenever she feels like it.

    And I got the second task, as stated, because Miss Melanie thought I was being cheeky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. imho Miss Melanie knows very well what is necessary to educate her subs

    ReplyDelete

Please don't post anonymously. I'd like to know who's reading me blog, so it would be nice if you would at least select "Name/URL" and put in your name. Thank you.